Saturday, February 17, 2007

Quote of the day

So Ewa Wisnierska, this German paraglider,
got caught in a storm and was kicked up to a height of 30,000 feet or, in other words, the cruising altitude of commercial airliners. Somehow, some way, through the cold, the lack of oxygen and a blackout, she survived. This is what she had to say:
I could hear lightning in front of me, behind me, around me. I was shaking and everything, but I thought I just need to fly straight and get out of this cloud. I thought I need to go down just to warm up. I could see the Earth coming [on her way down] - wow, like Apollo 13 - I can see the Earth. I don't know who to thank, I thanked the angels, but I don't believe in God.

Is it just me, or is that last sentence the funniest thing ever?

1 comment:

Omar said...

aaah you atheists.....you're all quite witty.