Friday, June 08, 2007

Public Service Announcement

I was reading this post on The Glasshouse when I came across this paragraph, which struck me as very strange:
The ‘Go Musharraf Go’ ring tone is resounding in Pakistan these days, mostly on the phones of those using the services of Mobilink. A senior Mobilink official in Islamabad, who did not want to reveal his identity, said that the number of anti-Musharraf text messages being sent and received every day runs into millions.
How, I wondered, does "a senior Mobilink official" know the content of people's text messages? I asked the question in the comments section and got this answer:
Anonymous said...

ahsan,

when i was in Supernet in KHI, i was reading every one's mails :D

Heck, I even knew who r after the cute recptionist, and what that seemingly innocent gal doing this and that evening


Lovely. Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that your emails and text messages are being read by other people. You're welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I shall have to learn Navajo and teach same to gf for electronic comms.

Ahsan said...

what's navajo?

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the movie Windtalkers?

Apparently the US used Navajo indians for secret unbreakable communications during WW2 since very few people speak their language!