Saturday, June 27, 2009

How You Know You Have Bourgeois Friends

You know how Jeff Foxworthy has his "You might be a redneck if..." routine? Well, I couldn't help but think of that when I got this email from a friend, as part of a long chain:
also, i've been trying to called julius meinl and they are
just not answering their phones! i think they probably just have a house blend, which would be great, or whatever they use at the neue gallery (pronounced nu-ya) in ny. ground for a french press, so coarse rather than fine. thank you so so so so mcuh!! i cant wait to drink this coffee!

In order to reassert my of-the-people street cred, I would like to make the following points:

1. I don't even fucking drink coffee.
2. The only "Julius" I'm familiar with is Caesar (and Erving, I suppose).
3. The words "Neue" (pronounced nu-ya, remember), "french press" and "coarse rather than fine" mean nothing to me. To me coffee can either be black or with cream, sugar or without.

5 comments:

Nadir Hassan said...

Ahsan, you will change your mind about coffee as soon as you start drinking Kopi Luwak. Although by linking to its Wikipedia entry, I am guaranteeing that you never do.

Anonymous said...

dunkin donuts. cause i'm classy like that

Naqiya said...

ahsan you clearly haven't had good coffee, or prefer to pay shit tons at starbucks for mostly burnt coffee. making your own = cheaper and tastes better. doesnt that make it less bourgeois??

takhalus said...

to your credit at least you know who ceaser was in contex
http://www.dawnnews.net/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/national/of-lahore%2C-rome-and-prickliness-869

Majaz said...

Dude, does that mean you don't classify yourself as bourgeois?