Monday, March 01, 2010

Quote Of The Day

Come on, Zizou. It's been four years. Let it go already.
Of course I reproach myself. But, if I say 'sorry', I would also be admitting that what he himself did was normal. And for me it was not normal. Things happen on the pitch. It's happened to me many times. But I could not stand it there. It is not an excuse, but my mother was ill. She was in hospital. This people did not know. But it was a bad time. More than once they insulted my mother and I never responded. But there ... and it happened. And to apologise for this? If it was Kaká, a regular guy, a good guy, of course I would have apologised. But to this one? I apologise to football, to the fans, to the team, but to him I cannot. Never, never. It would be to dishonour me. I'd rather die. There are evil people. And I don't even want to hear those guys speak.

By the way, has anyone actually figured out what Materazzi said to Zidane? I've heard the "son of a terrorist whore" story as well as the "I hope you and your family die an ugly death" story as well as the "Keep your shirt, I'll give mine to your whore of a sister" story.

Anyway, here's the video, once more.

7 comments:

mcphisto said...

i too have read multiple versions but if i am not wrong, matterazzi himself came out in open and declared he insulted zidane's sister. so i guess thats what it was.

Unknown said...

from the BFB comes this brilliant video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk32PLwPQDU

my heart stopped for a moment last year when i saw drogba was through...and i still can't believe how amazing that first double save at nou camp was. i want to watch football matches again :(

Ahsan said...

Idiot Marquez. I remember that like it was yesterday.

Ahsan said...

Wow. Spain just made France look like Karachi United. What a truly scary team.

Unknown said...

watched the highlights,and it's actually surprising that france managed to put together any attacks at all..i thought they'd do worse under dumbenech...the real surprise of the day,though,was germany vs argentina. did ANYONE expect the usually disciplined german juggernaut to go down so easily against that shambolic collection of talent spearheaded by maradona?

Ahsan said...

I like how this has become a football thread. Very well, please read Tevez saying that if Terry had done what he did in Argentina, he would've "lost his legs" or "worse, he'd be dead". Good times.

Ahsan said...

Oops, here's the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/04/john-terry-carlos-tevez-wayne-bridge