Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Midweek Links

Too tired to write a preamble

Who knew Jeffrey Goldberg has such a wonderful sense of humour?

The News continues its tradition of drug-induced editorials. The opening sentence is classic.

ABC will be auctioning off some of the props from Lost. Since we strive to entertain you guys on a daily basis, would our readers mind setting up a fund and buying me Mr Eko's Jesus stick?

The Daily Telegraph uses the Cyber Crime Bill as a way to tell Zardari jokes.

The New Republic grades Tom-Friedman's joke-telling abilities.

Pakistani newspapers love their awful puns:

PM re-hires Mr Lone, who is no longer alone


Were you guys aware that Pearl Jam still exists? And they don't suck? And they sing happy songs?

4 comments:

Ahsan said...

* "Terrorists have kidnapped our beloved Zardari and are demanding $5,000,000 or they will burn him with petrol. Please donate what you can. I have donated five litres."

That was classic.

Kalsoom said...

Oh my gosh, I was JUST going to quote that joke. That cracked me up. Also liked:

Robber: Give me your money!
Zardari: Don't you know who I am? I'm Asif Ali Zardari.
Robber: Give me all my money!!

Kalsoom said...

Can I share another link? http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/sport/07-pimping-his-way-to-the-olympics-ha-02

A NZ tae kwon do athlete has opened a brothel to finance his bid for the olympics. This is the ridiculous byline: "A lot of women will have to have a lot of sex with a lot of men to get Logan Campbell to the 2012 Olympic Games."

Err...

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd share a link as well. This is what got me depressed this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V55QASi8zxc

And this kinda cheered me up a little

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtApIUlfdXU